Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Back From The Dead And Bigger Than Ever

In the 80's, when many craft beer drinkers were being born, I was in high school.  This meant that Def Leppard and the Scorpions were part of my life, but it also meant that The Clash and the Smiths were part of my life.  And jean jackets.  I don't know why they were such a thing, but where I lived you had to have several jean jackets to be cool and, if you wanted to be very mature and identify with college kids instead of the fellow idiots in the hallways of your high school, you put buttons on your jean jacket.  It was like a very, very tame version of the jackets that the punk rockers were wearing in NYC and London.  Or at least we thought it might reflect well on us.  I don't know.  High school was confusing then. 

Anyway, I had a button with a ghoulish looking Elvis face and the saying "Back from the Dead and Bigger than Ever" on it.  I thought it was funny.  Or cool.  Or that girls would like it.  Not sure any of that is true now, but like I said, it was a confusing time.  Although now that I think about it, at least one girl liked it, although I think she was also confused at that time, but anyway, I digress.

The point is that River City Brewing is a buzzing hive of activity and has been all of 2014, but this blog died a sad and quiet death.  Too many things happening, not enough people to cover everything and other forms of social media starting taking up a bunch of time.  I mean, who looks at blogs in 2014?  That's so 2004, isn't it?  We need to spend more time facebooking cute pictures of baby animals, tweeting snarky asides and drunk snapchatting our anatomy.  We just didn't have time for all these words that no one was going to read anyway.

But guess what?  I like the words and I miss them.  So I am going to do a few more of them.  At least once in a while.  Maybe.  Sometimes. 

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment