Tuesday, July 9, 2013

River City Criterium - 2014 Edition

In January, I blogged about a race that we were scheduled to hold on August 3, 2013 and then was rescheduled for September 7, 2013.  I was wrong about one thing - the date.  Instead, we will be looking at holding it on September 6, 2014.  Despite the enthusiasm and sponsor support for the race, I'm sorry to report that we just couldn't hold this race in 2013.  I could say that it was because it was a big project and we just didn't have the person-hours to devote to it in a way that we could pull off a first class race, but the real reason is that I am triskaidekaphobic and I couldn't stand to be associated so closely with something that was established in a year ending in "13".  I'm sorry for disappointed racers, teammates and families, but it's just the way I roll.  Or don't roll, in this case, until 2014.

Stay tuned for future updates.


Original post: http://rivercityred.blogspot.com/2013/01/river-city-twilight-criterium.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment