Tuesday, June 11, 2013

TUESDAY!

What?!  It's Tuesday?  How can that be?  Why didn't someone wake me up?  How is it possible to sleep through an entire day and into the next?  Was I drugged or ill or kidnapped or just what?  All I know is that I love this blog too damn much to just skip a day without an explanation.  It's just not possible.  I would crawl through broken glass (hey, John McClane, looking at you - but only in the first three movies when the franchise still had integrity) to make sure I shared something on the blog.  I would ford streams and climb mountains.  I would run through fire (well, after donning appropriate protective gear and what not).  In other words, I would do anything to make sure that a blog as fresh and tasty as our beer appeared here each day.

Except I have a confession.  I didn't.  I just slack-assed my way through the day yesterday without blogging up a single word.  Nary a tweet and not a single likey-like on Facebook. 

How could I abandon my faithful readers?  I don't know.  I wish I had a good excuse like a broken leg from jumping off the Clocktower in a squirrel suit.  Or a mild head injury from falling off my longboard after breaking the speed limit down Doomsday hill.  Or taped up fingers from sawing a branch out of a tree while I was sitting on the wrong end of it.  Something.  Almost anything. 

But instead, all I can do is apologize and try to explain that the work of the brewery got in the way.  Deadlines, orders, regulations, you name it.  We handled it all with aplomb yesterday but didn't give out the blog love that you count on.  We won't let it happen ever again.  Or least not today.  And, yeah, it will happen again and probably soon, because we are making more beer and visiting more accounts and dealing with more territory and sometimes deadlines are just deadlines that we have to meet, but don't ever forget that we love you, man (and woman).  We appreciate that you keep showing up to read, stopping in at your favorite spots to drink our beer and are out there supporting that whole drink local, buy local thing. 

We'll do our share by keeping up the beer side and the blog.  You do your share by quaffing a cold one.  Deal?

1 comment:

  1. Bob Dylan: "You could be known as the most beautiful woman who ever crawled across cut glass to make a deal." -- Sweetheart Like You, Infidels

    ReplyDelete