Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday Music - Blondie Edition

I don't have a good reason or excuse for posting these videos.  I am not really a fan of the first half of this video, but it is an interesting piece of music history in that "Rapture" is considered the first "rap" video to make the charts.  I think that is a generous to consider include any portion of video in the "rap" category, but if VH1 documentaries say it and wikipedia confirms it, it must be true.  It does, to give credit where credit is due, include call-outs to Fab Five Freddy and Grandmaster Flash and is one of the first mass media recognitions of one graffiti artists as "artists" rather than just vandals.

Enough chit chat - time for Saturday music.


Here is a video from Blondie song that I like more.  What can I say?  I grew up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment