Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Blah

Ever have one of those Mondays when you just feel like taking the day off?  Just forgetting all of your responsibilities and doing what ever you feel like?  Not as energetically as Ferris Bueller took the day off, but more like shoving the alarm clock under the bed, drinking coffee in your pj's, reading the comics in the newspaper, playing video games and reviewing the entire Chive history?

Is it too late for me to call work and say in a throaty, horse voice, "I'm not gonna be in today.  I just feel terrible.  Not sure if I'm coming down with something or I ate something or I just don't feel like it, but in any case, my desk chair is staying cold all day since my ass won't be in it."?  No, I don't think it is too late for that.  I'll be wasting my day and hitting the kegerator no later than about 2 pm.  Maybe noon.  With a bowl of Fruit Loops.

Don't tell anyone at the office.  Don't tell my Mom.  Definitely don't Facebook or Twitter this. 

Catch you on the flipside of Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing a bike ride to 7 or 9mi can't cure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that riding a bike will help with the Monday blahs, but it's even more true that sitting at a cafe with a latte on a Monday morning after a bike ride is better. Or a beer on the patio after the bike ride. Or really anything that involves a bike ride and playing hooky.

    ReplyDelete